County Reimbursement Form
The Idaho Secretary of State is only offering travel and lodging reimbursement for attendees who
- register for the Elections Conference taking place January 8–10,
- participate in Wednesday’s cybersecurity exercise, and
- submit a preauthorization request form. (fill out and submit below)
- Each participant requesting reimbursement for their travel and lodging costs will need to submit a completed form W9 with the preauthorization request form below. Download a blank W-9 form.
- When completing the preauthorization form, you must list the name you will use when checking in to the hotel.
- You will need to notify us ASAP if your check-in time or date changes after submitting this preauthorization form. The ID SOS is not responsible for any billing issues if this information is not communicated with us.
- ID SOS will reimburse lodging for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights. Participants wishing to arrive early or extend their stay will need to pay for the additional expense.
- If you choose to save expenses by sharing a room with another conference participant, ID SOS will cover the additional expense for double occupancy. ID SOS will not pay for spouses or other guests which incur other occupancy expenses.
- ID SOS will not be providing a per-diem reimbursement for meals. Meals will be provided as part of the conference beginning with Tuesday’s breakfast through lunch Thursday. We will not be providing dinner Thursday night. Additional meal expenses will be subject to county reimbursement.
- Participants will be presented with a copy of their completed preauthorization forms at the end of the conference. The signed copy will serve as the official reimbursement request. Any necessary adjustments based on actual costs incurred can be made at that time.