System Maintenance In Progress
The campaign finance portal and reporting system is expected to be offline
July 1 at 12:00 p.m. MDT for a brief maintenance.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Lobbyist Registration Issue
Lobbyist registration is currently unavailable due to issues with payment processing. We are working on resolving the issue and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Idaho Code §67-6623(g) requires the online submission of all Lobbyist Reports to the Secretary of State’s Office. Online filing of your Lobbyist Registration is highly encouraged. The Secretary of State may, on an individual basis, issue exemptions of the online filing requirement to lobbyists that face hardship in submitting these documents in an online format. Forms must be submitted by the lobbyist requesting the exemption.
- The governor, lieutenant governor, secretary of state, state controller, state treasurer, attorney general, superintendent of public instruction and any deputy or staff member of one (1) of those individuals who, within the course and scope of his or her employment, is directly involved in major policy influencing decisions for the office;
- A state department or agency director, deputy director, division administrator or bureau chief as established and enumerated in sections 67-2402 and 67-2406, Idaho Code;
- The membership and the executive or chief administrative officer of any board or commission that is authorized to make rules or conduct rulemaking activities pursuant to section 67-5201, Idaho Code;
- The membership and the executive or chief administrative officer of any board or commission that governs any of the state departments enumerated in section 67-2402, Idaho Code, not including public school districts;
- The membership and the executive or chief administrative officer of the Idaho public utilities commission, the Idaho industrial commission, and the Idaho state tax commission; and
- The members of the governing board of the state insurance fund, and the members of the governing board and the executive or chief administrative officer of the Idaho housing and finance association, the Idaho energy resources authority, and the Idaho state building authority.
- Persons who limit their lobbying activities to appearances before public sessions of committees of the legislature.
- Persons who limit their lobbyist activities to appearances or participation in public meetings, public hearings or public readings held or initiated by executive officials or their employees.
- Persons who are employees of an entity engaged in the business of publishing, broadcasting or televising, while engaged in the gathering and dissemination of news and comments thereon to the general public in the ordinary course of business.
- Persons who do not receive any compensation for lobbying and persons whose compensation for lobbying does not exceed two hundred fifty dollars ($250) in the aggregate during any calendar quarter, including persons who lobby on behalf of their employer or employers, and the lobbying activity represents less than the equivalent of two hundred fifty dollars ($250) of the employee’s time per calendar year quarter, based on an hourly proration of said employee’s compensation.
- Elected state officers and state executive officers appointed by the governor subject to confirmation by the senate; elected officials of political subdivisions of the state of Idaho acting in their official capacity; and their employees acting in their official capacity.
- A person who represents a bona fide church (of which he is a member) solely for the purpose of protecting the constitutional right to the free exercise of religion.
- Employees of a corporation, if such corporation: (a) has registered as a lobbyist and (b) has designated one or more of its employees as its official lobbyist, and (c) the person so designated by the corporation has also registered as a lobbyist.