Address Confidentiality Program

If you move to a new location to escape domestic violence, sexual abuse or stalking, the Address Confidentiality Program (ACP) can help keep your new address confidential. This is done through the use of a mail-forwarding service and substitute address. In accordance with Idaho Code § 19-57, all state and local agencies are required to accept the substitute address as the actual address of the individual.

Upon approval of your ACP application, your first-class mail is sent to the secure ACP substitute address and then forwarded to your new home. You can also use the substitute address for a variety of state and local government requirements, such as:

    • Applying for and receiving child support
    • Getting an Idaho driver’s license
    • Enrolling your children in public schools
    • Applying for a marriage license

The ACP can help protect you and your loved ones by keeping your physical address private, where it would appear in public records.

You may visit the Idaho Council on Domestic Violence and Victim Assistance web site or call at (208) 332-1540 for the name of a victim assistance program near you. If your application is approved, you will receive your ACP authorization card within 10 business days and you can begin to use the substitute address.